Wednesday, January 12, 2011

We're Here!

We are officially in Beijing! A few hiccups, our Luggage was overweight so we had to buy 2 additional bags at the airport to spread the weight around, so we arrived with 6 pieces of Luggage not including 2 carry-ons. Our guide mentioned that we must be very rich! HA! Get rid of the baby formula, diapers and toys that we packed and I think it would be half of our belongings!
Also, tried getting onto my blog via my work VPN...nope nothing. Then downloaded expressVPN...struck out again. Even trying to look at other VPN sites I was blocked. It's incredible how little you can access over here. Thankfully I found another VPN 'GoTrusted' and BINGO! it worked!....so here I am.
Hotel is beautiful, all geared up for CNY. I am sure it will be beautiful walking around the next few weeks seeing all the decorations. Madison is watching one of her DVD's and eating KD (brought some instants from home, a life safer!...way too tired to go out tonight) and Gilles is already asleep.
Tomorrow we will walk around to get our bearings and will head to the Bird's Nest and Water Cube at dusk to experience all the glorious colours. Will post pics tomorrow!

9 comments:

  1. So happy for you guys! Can't wait to join you, I will be running out to get some KD this am... see you Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you got the vpn sorted out, I used expressvpn with NO problems, hmmm. isn't the luggage thing crazy, and then the fact you have to travel with around half the volume for your inchina flights(or pay)...insane...but it doesn't matter because SOON you will have her in your arms!!! YAHOO!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so happy the three of you made it there safe and sound. Looking forward to following you complete the journey that we started together.
    Harry, Tonya, and Kai

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh, so happy you're finally in China getting Chayse! Hillarious about the luggage. Wonder how many you'll be bringing home after you shop! I'd love to see CNY in China. It took me a while to get express vpn to work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you made it safely. I'm sure it's a beautiful time of year to visit with CNY so close.

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gee that seems so fast..you're there already! We're glad you've arrived safe and sound. We got about 5cm of snow last night, not enough to cancel school unfortunately says Ryan and Meghan! Yes I can't wait to see your pics. Thanks for the update and say hi to Madison and Gilles for us. P.S. No parties so far!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you made it safely... wanted to call you before you left and wish you well but the busyness of life got the best of me. Looking forward to seeing your pics. Love Lynn xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wonderful that you're document the arrival of your next child. I'm very excited for your Natalie. May the wind be at your back!

    ReplyDelete